We read submissions between March 1st and September 1st each year. The average response time is 3 months. If you do not hear from us by this time, please email: handsomepoetry (at) gmail.com
- We now only accept email submissions; save your postage money for more indulgent purchases.
- Simultaneous submissions are fantastic and necessary to the vitality of the poet. We do ask that you notify us immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere, as we long to celebrate for you in any/all capacities.
- Previously published work, however, is nicht so gut. We are not accepting previously published work. This includes work printed in any format, online included.
- We like poetry in batches; poetry submissions should be 3-6 poems of any length.
- Please submit each poem in the body of the email or as a Microsoft Word attachment.
- Handsome is interested in cultivating diverse and diverging beauty. That said, the editors are least interested in didactic verse that propagates the current administration.
- Bios, while not required with the submission, can be highly entertaining.
Poetry Translations are an integral piece of the dialogue, provided the translator has obtained permission from the author in advance of submission.
Fiction, Memoir, Plays, et.al.
Though adored, are not currently considered by the editors of Handsome.
Each issue of Handsome will contain a section devoted to visual art along a specific theme or idea. If you are interested in having your artwork featured, email inquiries to handsomepoetry (at) gmail.com
We do print interviews if they are engaging. Send full interview mss, or query handsomepoetry (at) gmail.com
We are very interested in feature-length articles, editorials and the like. Please send us your proposals for future issues.
Handsome pays its contributors in the form of one highly-coveted copy of the issue they appear in.
All correspondence to: